Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Another 30miles today..

Gidday,


The sun was out, the air was chilly and with me having installed the carby back onto Monty Friday night after Ray took it home last weekend to sort out a small matter with the float, I can honestly say now that this ole Chevy has never been running better since we dragged it out of dads shed many months ago....
Over the last few weeks we have been noticing a slight "flooding issue / leaking carby bowl" which has made the engine run a little rich, blowing a little to much smoke etc, etc.... even with new needle, seat and bowl gasket installed, it would still leak after a while with the vac tank tap left on, so after Ray ran a few tests at his place with it through the week he nailed the problem down to the float and it having sideways play, well way to much sideways movement causing the needle / carby bowl to constantly fill and in turn overflow and leak out.
So now I have a non leaking carby, a more responsive engine that will happily sit on45 -50mph and get up to that speed quicker and also it seems to hold it's own better on hills and inclines along the Hwy.

The testing permit ends this coming Sunday and I have travelled 331miles in total, I could pay and get another but I won't, I now need to complete the interior and get it registered  but I am waiting on some parts to still show up.
It seems to just improve the more I drive it and iron out the small bugs..

Anyway here are a few pictures I took today, yes I went a little overboard again but I like them..









2 comments:

  1. hey Grant, you are missed on the Vcca forum, your engaging rhetoric, tongue in cheek style, the yanks just dont get it, come back soon, and we will all enjoy your wonderful car and its adventures..........
    Peter bluey au

    ReplyDelete