Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just scraping a few items together!!

Well today I went back to the local tyre dealer to pick up the Chevy wheel that needed a new tube put in it, "Brownie" put a 21" motorcycle tube in it just to get me up and running so that I can drive it out of the shed.
The trouble with using motorcycle tubes is that the air valve is shorter than the original one and you have to take the whole wheel off the rim to blow air into it due to the 1920's rim set-up...but it will do for now!!

He will try and track down some new proper tubes and new 21" "cheese cutter" tyres as well but said my best bet would be to hunt around the "vintage car club" scene and ask some questions...I have contacts there so all will be done soon...

Next a 6 volt battery which I also tracked down today on the phone, I had a 12 volt in it yesterday but the coil was getting way to hot to quickly which is not good but OK between quick starts if you are careful, with the 6 volt it can stay in there on the trickle charger and all will be good to start at the drop of a hat.....

It is all just a bit of fun and I am really enjoying myself but then this is the easy part, all the hard stuff is still to come and don't I know that.......Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment