Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

We towed him home...



With a fuel blockage and a stubborn starter motor playing up a good friend of mine "Fordy" and I hooked Monty up to his 4x4 and we slowly towed him home to my place after a couple of beers on Friday night before darkness set in which is all of about 500meters down the road and around the corner from the old "Fowler & Sons" workshop and bloody hell did we did get a few funny looks along the way and also the flat spots in the tyres from sitting all those years did make for a rather bumpy slow ride...
Then we pushed him backwards down the driveway and near the shed where Lisa my wife was hanging out the washing and surprised us both with a "Yes and what have we got here fellas" which was all in good fun and then quickly out came the camera for a few shots. After another beer and a few more long hard stares with a bit of bullshit chat thrown in about him it was soon time to bring out some tools as the startor motor had to be removed which it was soon after dinner and the carby taken off and cleaned out, the spark plugs pulled out and cleaned (there were 4 different brands installed) with new ones ordered and new spark plug leads installed, I also ordered a new "carby fresh kit" due to the leaking carby bowl gasket as the old one was just so brittle but what do you expect after 80 years so I think it is due for a few new bits and peices.
After all of this and with night closing in I rolled him into the garage, locked the door, walked around to the water tank and with a big glob of citrus cleaner in my hands I gave then a good wash and walked back inside with a smile on my face.



               
         

No comments:

Post a Comment