Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

A small video of Dad

Look I know that some people might think that it is a little bit weird having this short video clip of dad on here and to be honest I forgot that I had taken it myself and only stubbled on it a couple of months ago while going through the computer files and bloody hell I am glad that I found it..
You could say that our dad was rather elusive when it came to any form of family video camera shots, I have had a older sony-cam with the cassette tapes for about 18years of our kids & family growing up, christmas, gathering's and all the main days in life but there was not a whole lot of dad talking in any of them, I never actually sat down with him, pointed the camera in his face and made him talk, sure there was the odd half shot of a face with a passing comment or a group shot but none of him talking & looking directly at the camera.....so when I came across this little digital clip which is easy to transfer to the computer & blog it was great the hear his voice and see his smile again although brief as it is, 47 seconds....

It was taken on about the 5th day of his stay in the Alfred Hosiptal Melbourne, I had driven down to see him and I had my little sony digital camera with me which I had not used the video on it before so I got it out and just pressed the button not really knowing how to work it while dad was about to attack his big ugly toe nails with his file that I brought with me on special request from him earlier in the day.....



I'm glad it worked as this is priceless to hear.

I have since brought a new sony digital video camera, just wish I had of done it a little earlier...

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment