Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Resto: Monty goes back home....Just for a few hours

This saturday morning I am up early and out in the shed to refit the wheels back onto the chev, (now brake less - new brake liners being fitted next week) then I lowered it off the blocks and pushed it out the driveway where we hooked it up to my ute so that Codi, my son and I can then slowly tow it around to dad factory where it was placed over the truck service pit so that I can get down underneath it and rub back all the underside ready for painting.

Codi ready for the 1/2 mile drive up the road, love the timber plank seat!


It was'nt long before we had it all ready in position over the pit for the neck breaking job of looking up, holding and working the grinder constantly for a good few hours.


I had a mate come around and weld up the top of the chassis right where the driver hops in and out as this was the only place under the 2 rotten timber rails that needed a good fix up, and I can say that a bloody fine job indeed was the end result.


So after another few hours of dirty work I climbed up from out of the pit covered from head to toe in crap and my arms felt like they were dragging along the ground but I can say that I am very happy with the end result and that I am ready for the chassis to be etched, primed and paint in another two weeks time.


I cleaned up and then rolled Monty back out the factory door and pointed him for home once again being towed behind my workute with Codi doing the steering, then we rolled him back down the drive and into the resto shed....I'm very happy with the days progress.

Thanks for looking in from time to time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment