I am learning that this repositioning of the front seat is a common fixture when a restoration is underway, best and only time to do it really and although 1" does not sound like a great deal I have been told that it is a big improvement and also Ray has been told by a motor trimmer in Melbourne which he has used over the years that you can also use 1" less padding in the seat back which is then compensated with a more high density yet still very comfortable padding which you will then gain 2" extra leg room in total....... BONUS!! -
So with some new timbers in my shed, photo's printed out, the few remaining pieces of Monty's original front seat frame also close by, I will be giving it a good crack this weekend if all plans out well... Thanks for following.
Well after a few hours work on this lovely saturday I got the lower seat frame section completed and it wasn't without a few colourfull swear words flying out of the retso shed's door so my wife kept reminding me of, thanks babe....
So with my trusty old wood saws laid out on the concrete, the radio volume cranked up a few notches and btw the notches were significantly increased way up passed eleven when any Foo-Fighters song came on and surprising the work load increased for the next 3 mintues, great band but it has to be loud, and with all this set in place I was soon making some good progress
To be honest I stuffed up a few cuts earlier on, yes I measured them wrong and cut them to short but only just.... buggar it!!, should always measure twice.. "learn by your mistakes"...
And this is the finished product for the construction of the lower seat section and I only have the main timbers sitting there loosely and not screwed down tight yet, also I have to make a couple of cuts for the under seat metal tray to fit in properly due to the fact that I have positioned this seat frame back a further 1" as I explained earlier.... I have brought the seat back 13" directly from the timber cowl posts to the lower timber panel on the front seat down at floor level.